We are happy to announce the release of the new version of the BitBay Halo Client. This release mainly focuses on performance upgrades and fine tuning the Client’s many features. It will allow David the ability from here on out to focus solely on coding the final features of the core build. Halo Version 1.27 updates include:
- Added admin method to build into manifest
- Made it so pastebin can be updated for existing orders with missing images on resubmit
- Started to track memory leaks for better performance
- Checked data type for querying history in case of erroneous data
- Checked data being returned from Electrum in BitHalo raw tx in case of erroneous data
- Added splash screen for submitting TX and also added wait function for waiting for download thread to unlock causing false rejections
- Added splash for image compression during upload
- Fixed balance issue in multistake on same input
- Fixed issue where the number of keys connected changes too early
- Wallet does not unlock for spending unless requested – allowing for wallet to be unlocked for staking only.
- Added image cache to make software more responsive because png conversion for computers without jpeg driver is slow
- Added custom video library link per coin
- Staking is now off by default so users must activate it manually. Since a new user might get confused when funds become unspendable upon deposit
- Added sh file to build for Linux to (potentially) improve QT performance on some systems
- Fixed other minor user interface issues
- Added extra tips for guiding new users
- We now check for bitmessage timeouts
- Reindex option added if daemon fails to load
- Updated reputation system with redundant public key for resubmission to match original sender instead of temporary key
- Users can now accept a market order with either bitmessage or email even if the original offer prefers email
- Added more notifications for messages within escrow
- Generate bitmessage addresses based on rpc password in addition to keys. In this way switching single keys that you load with won't generate a different address. This makes the address harder to figure out by looking at a script which is safer. Also, joint accounts now have a cleaner way of distinguishing their Bitmessage
- Added foundation for basic market messaging to update orders. Now users can alert of a change in quantity
- Verifying "market messaging" design needed for upcoming Buy/Sell Anything template auctions and various situations in Barter template
- Instead of downloading the new Mac version of Client, download the windows version update at www.davtonia.com/bitbay/bitbayupdatewin.zip
- Then Mac users will extract the update file called 'BitBayUpdate.exe' to the computer
- Then run WineSkin inside the app package
- Select 'Install Software' and click ' Choose Setup Executable ' then choose the BitBayUpdate.exe file
- After installation is complete do not launch BitBay and close the installer
- Wine might say that no new executables were found so just ignore that message and exit wine
An issue with the MAC QT Wallet has been found and fixed. Please visit the BitBay Market Download page for the latest version. This was related to a security patch in the Wine Bottle build. It is recommended not to transfer BAY into or out of your QT Wallet until after you have updated.Read more
The first official BitBay community vote was a resounding success! All the votes have been tallied. Voting results from Saturday 4/1/17 00:00 UTC thru Tuesday 4/4/17 00:00 UTC: stakefork = 917 votes Burn Address = bPFjpZ3TwVJHudKrhxzqb9oPDvhBsQBtPV https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/address.dws?bPFjpZ3TwVJHudKrhxzqb9oPDvhBsQBtPV.htm nostakefork = 557 votes Burn Address = bNoCY5mK3V7TVZDKoTqYCySC4vzzwDLuGm https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/address.dws?bNoCY5mK3V7TVZDKoTqYCySC4vzzwDLuGm.htm Thanks to everyone who participated. Yet again, this proves how powerful blockchain technology can truly be! And proves that with BitBay, gridlock and political strife are a thing of the past! We will have many more in the future. David will begin prepping for the fork to correct the stake reward to the proper amount. No date had been set, we will provide ample notice when that date is set in stone. If you are new to BitBay, feel free to come join the community! http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation We have door prizes for new members and a great atmosphere! Hope to see you soon!Read more
It's Raining BAY! The BitBay Core Team is planning on Airdropping BAY to people with listings on the BitBay marketplace on randomly selected days throughout the month of April. The BAY will be sent to your Email in a Pay2Mail format for you to claim. If you already have an item on the market now you should have already received your first 100 BAY bonus. If you have not seen it yet, go check your Email you used to sync with the client.
The BitBay Core Team was pleasantly surprised to learn about a recent YouTube video created by a fan and investor defining BitBay's features and real world use cases. In his video titled 'Bitbay - Move Over Ebay. This Niche Crypto Could See Huge Growth in 2017-2018,' tinkertiger2012 explains how the BitBay client can solve many of the concerns over poor quality employees, reduce high Ebay fees, and even be used to purchase digital currencies with cash. Come visit us in the BitBay Slack to learn more about this exciting project and see why people are talking about buying BitBay as an investment opportunity.Read more
BitBay’s Decentralized Voting UI marks yet another amazing milestone for the most advanced cryptocurrency wallet on the planet. Today we announce the first Voting Poll to decide whether to fork to correct the BAY Staking reward as soon as possible or wait for the next scheduled fork.Read more
The second update of 2017 to BitBay’s fully functional Decentralized Smart Contract client is now available. Client v1.26 contains an amazing assortment of features making it more convenient, more secure, and more private than ever before.
Over the last couple weeks we have focused on multiple ways BitBay update to v1.26 will provide increased security, including the Anti-Keylogger and Cold Staking. Here we want to tell you how BitBay will also protect your privacy by including Tor to conceal your location when using BitBay.
In the crypto community we are all familiar with the Bitcoin fiasco over blockchain sizing. This issue seems so simple to fix, yet the complexity to execute is almost comical. It demonstrates Bitcoin has become a truly centralized governance hodgepodge consisting of centralized miners and self-appointed developers. This has led to talks of forking Bitcoin into 2 separate entities. BitBay's Decentralized Voting update in Client v1.26 helps to eliminate these issues Bitcoin is facing.
On March 22nd, as part of the v1.26 Client Upgrade, BitBay is giving you another tool to make sure your BAY remains in your possession. The Anti-Keylogger is another new addition in Client v1.26 to improve security. This feature gives you the ability to enter your passphrases using your mouse without pressing letters on the keyboard.